RIVERSIDE HOTEL: STATEMENT ON AHLA’S “SAFE STAY,” ENHANCED INDUSTRY-WIDE HOTEL CLEANING STANDARDS
Riverside Hotel Supports AHLA Stay Safe
RIVERSIDE HOTEL: STATEMENT ON AHLA’S “SAFE STAY,” ENHANCED INDUSTRYWIDE HOTEL CLEANING STANDARDS
Fort Lauderdale, Florida (Monday, May 6, 2020) — This week, Heiko Dobrikow, General Manager of the Riverside Hotel, issued the following statement on “Safe Stay,” an industry-wide initiative launched by the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) in accordance with guidance issued by public health authorities, including the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), focused on enhanced hotel cleaning practices, social interactions, and workplace protocols to meet the new health and safety challenges and expectations presented by COVID-19.
“The Safety of our guests and team members is our #1 priority. Safe Stay will seek to change hotel industry norms, behaviors and standards to ensure both hotel guests and team members are confident in the cleanliness and safety of hotel once travel resumes. This initiative represents a new level of focus and transparency for an industry already built on cleanliness. With Safe Stay, our hotel is enhancing our already rigorous standards to boost consumer confidence and ensure travelers that hotels will be cleaner and safer than ever before,” said Heiko Dobrikow after the launch AHLA’s Stay Safe initiative.
Heiko Dobrikow further shared the links of the AHLA - Stay Safe Initiative and also pointed out that he was in support of the National Restaurant Association - Reopening Guidance, as well as the Florida Restaurant & Lodging Association - Reopening Guidance. Links are available below.
Heiko Dobrikow pointed out that the COVID19 pandemic changed our world and all people are in this TOGETHER. He further remarks that the Riverside Hotel is committed to helping our hotel guests, restaurant patrons, suppliers and team members to act responsibly to challenges presented by the recent pandemic. Once federal, state and local regulations permit, the Riverside Hotel have set forth guidelines that will help our hotel maintain a healthy environment for guests and team members. (Note: guidelines are subject to change based on federal, state and local regulations.)
RIVERSIDE HOTEL SAFE STAY COMMITMENTS:
- All guests and team members that appear sick, will not be permitted to enter our hotel, restaurant or facility. The hotel reserves the right to perform a temperature check on anybody visiting our hotel and it is mandatory for our team members to receive a daily wellness check.
- All guests and team members are required to wear facemasks while inside the hotel, with the exception while consuming food & beverage. Depending on position various team members will be required to wear gloves, hair restraints and additional PPE.
- Throughout our hotel there are multiple sanitation stations to disinfect your hands. Guests and team members should wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- All guests and team members must cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If they don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into their upper sleeve, not their hands. Avoid touching their face, as the infection can enter through their eyes, nose or mouth. Avoid shaking hands.
- All guests and team members must limit the potential of physical contact as much as possible.
- Areas of the front desk, restaurant and gym receptions will require guests to practice social distancing with 6 feet of separation. There will be visual guides for proper spacing.
- All overnight guests will be required to self-park their vehicle. The parking attendant will log the guests’ license plate and assign a parking spot.
- Hotel guests will have the option to get their guest room key texted to their smartphone or receive a plastic RFID keycard.
- Restaurant reservations are highly recommended to ensure that the guest does not have any wait time. In case of a wait, the restaurant team member will take the guest’s mobile number and call when the table is available. It is not permitted to congregate in front of the host stand.
- The restaurant space will be divided with proper spacing in between tables.
- All menus are available in digital format and can be accessed via the guest’s smartphone. QR codes at each table will provide the link to the dining, beverage & desert menus. In case that a guest does not have a smart phone, the restaurant will provide disposable paper menus. The guest will have the opportunity to order directly from their phone or through the server. The settlement of the patron’s bill will be via a hand held credit card device by chipping the credit card or using Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- Hotel guests can order food & beverage to be delivered to their guest room or can pick it up from either restaurant. There will be a QR code in the guest room to access the dining, beverage and desert menus. The delivery of food & beverage will be in to-go containers and placed in front of the guestroom door.
- The hotel will permit 10 guests at same time exercising in the fitness center.
- The pool will have pairs of lounge chairs spaced properly 6 feet apart and 40 guests at same time are allowed in the pool area.
- Group meetings and events will have proper spacing protocols agreed upon with the organizer.
- The hotel is committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and will use sanitizing products that are EPA approved to frequently clean such areas with concentration on doorknobs, handles and elevator buttons. All guestrooms, meeting spaces, outlets and indoor public space will be ‘fogged’ daily with a disinfectant.
We appreciate your cooperation and please enjoy your time with us, SAFER TOGETHER.
About The Riverside Hotel
The Riverside Hotel is located in the heart of Downtown Fort Lauderdale with its doorstep on the city’s prestigious Las Olas Boulevard. Opened in 1936 by the Wells family, who also developed the Boulevard, the Riverside Hotel is both luxurious and laidback, mixing Caribbean style with old Florida charm. The 12-story property features 231 guestrooms inclusive of 6 suites with jaw-dropping views overlooking the city skyline and New River. Amenities include a heated outdoor swimming pool; a fitness room; complimentary wireless internet; a marina with boat dockage space; more than 11,000 sq. ft. of indoor banquet/meeting facilities; and outdoor catering venues ranging from 800 sq. ft. – 20,600 sq. ft. The hotel also houses several dining options including the award winning Wild Sea Oyster Bar and Grille, Preston’s Wine & Martini Lounge, the Golden Lyon Vintage Pub, and the waterfront Boathouse at the Riverside. The Riverside Hotel is located at 620 East Las Olas Boulevard in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, just minutes from the Fort Lauderdale International Airport, Port Everglades and the sandy white beaches of Fort Lauderdale. For additional information and booking please visit www.RiversideHotel.com.